Get Help Now.
What is a HEARING TEST?
How do I make an appointment?
1. Call your Physician.
2. Insist on a referral. At times, physicians will recommend "let's wait." Don't. Insist on a referral.
3. Call your insurance company and make sure they cover this service. (Often this is covered.)
4. What should I expect? Take a friend or family member with you.
Ask the following questions:
HEARING EVALUATION/HEARING AIDS:
- What are decibels and frequencies? Please show me this on my Audiogram.
- Do I have hearing loss in both ears?
- Do I need to see an ENT? (Severe to profound hearing loss should be evaluated by an ENT to rule out any complications.)
- What are all the devices you sell? Do you sell more than one brand of devices?
- Do you offer some sort of Care Credit or financing options?
- Can you please show me an array of hearing aid options from $1000 to $6000 and discuss the bells and whistles of each?
- Will you let me tell you my budget and we can discuss the options of devices within my budget?
- Which brand has the best warranty?
- Can I try these for 30 days and return them if they aren't working like I expected? Then, could I try a new device/brand?
- How often should I see you for programming once I am fit with my set of hearing aids?
- Which device has the largest market share in the US?
- Which device has the best customer service?
- Which devices offer bluetooth technology?
- How often will I be able to upgrade based on my current insurance? If you don't know, who can help me with this?
- Does your staff have a team which will help me plan this expense long-term? Do the device companies offer that support? Which ones?
- Can I see the costs for the spare parts I will need when something goes wrong?
- Who has the longest warranty?
- How often will I see you for programming after surgery?
- Which device has the least failure rate?
- Do any of these companies have events or meet ups for recipients like me?
Where do I go for an appointment?
Visit Cochlear Americas' clinic finder for a qualified Audiologist near you. (Make sure you verify that they do see children.)
COMING SOON: STATE BY STATE PARTNER CLINICS